How to avoid getting sick in the first place
I love love love healing! As a mother and wife and busy person, I am so grateful to have options in my life for speeding healing that I can use to feel better quickly and to help my loved ones feel better too.
There is NOT a rule that says you have to get sick. What I’ve seen as a healer is that when we can’t fully process something emotionally or mentally, it drops down into the body to be processed in a visceral, vivid, physical way. (Your body is an amazing healer and helper that way!)
Me, I don’t listen to any of those ads commiserating about “cold and flu season”. Baloney. I know because I barely get sick any more (thank goodness), and my kids are rarely and barely sick as well. Oh, I used to get one thing after another, plus asthma and allergies to boot. Rip-roaring colds that lasted weeks (starting with a runny nose, then sore throat and down into my bronchials for a lingering cough). Now I get much, much, MUCH milder versions. I’ll spare you details, but I can tell I’m sick usually in the morning, then feel OK or have very mild symptoms during the day.
As my symptoms have become milder over the last few years, I became much more aware of the underlying icky feelings and emotions that come with each illness. For example, while what was typically a pounding headache is now a mild ache, I still feel foggy and want to lie down and not move. (I LOVE that it’s so much less painful, whew.)
Now the universe is training me to back up even further. Two weeks ago was a big wakeup call. I was traveling at a business conference. The morning of the day I was to be on stage in the afternoon, I woke up dizzy, weak, and nauseated. Reviewing the prior two days, I saw the signs of mild dehydration move to significant dehydration, one after another, laid out clearly. I had been traveling and preoccupied. I had even missed the big red-flashing-light sign the night before. So I guzzled water, did a little healing, went back to bed for a couple hours, got up and ate sea salt, and felt much better by lunch time (tho I look quite pale in the photos, what can ya do).
Yep, the signs had all been there, but I didn’t notice them. Point taken, and thanks for the insight, Universe. I’m paying attention! Last night, I started to feel like I was getting sick — lungs less elastic, felt a touch weak & a little “off”. It had come on gradually over the day.
Remembering my lesson from earlier this month, I worked on it first thing this morning, did a little healing work, about 20 minutes’ worth. Right now it’s about 12 hours later and I feel 100%! My lungs feel completely free and unconstricted. I am more than grateful.
What’s Your Mindset about Getting Sick?
Even Louis Pasteur, the father of vaccinations, said near the end of his life that it’s not germs that causes disease, but the terrain — the environment you provide in your life, your mindset, and your body. Are you a likely breeding ground for problems, or are you taking care of yourself and detaching from cycles of illness? Are you seeking health or are you a willing victim to “cough and cold season”?
Here’s three things you can do right now to avoid getting sick in the first place:
1. Take care of yourself. Clean up that terrain so no germs want to move in. In my healing practice, I find most adults are deficient in sleep, rest, and play — not to mention many minerals and B vitamins. Consider setting a goal to get 8 hours of sleep a night, or start taking a 15-minute lie-down empty-mind rest period in the middle of your day. Consider renewing your nutritional supplement schedule and sticking with it. Make ONE change right now, and stick with it.
2. Get yourself some healing tools and processes. Take a healing class. My favorite healing modalities are Awakening Healing and Health Kinesiology. Learn about essential oils or homeopathics. Learn to meditate. Keep an open mind and explore possibility. You are quite familiar with what you THINK you can’t do. What CAN you do? How healthy can you get?
3. Hang out here at the Global Institute for Awakening and learn to awaken the greatest possible outcome in every situation, including your health and spiritual well-being. We help you get your inner work done easily and quickly, layer by layer, so you can achieve greater and greater levels of wealth, wellness and wisdom. Then you can get out there and succeed brilliantly at whatever you choose! To join us or check out our generous annual program, hop on over to http://GIAwaken.com/benefits. We look forward to getting to know you.
Many blessings on your path to wellness and healing!
- **NEW** FREE CALL Series to celebrate our launch *** “I am a Healer”: 100 Inspiring Stories of Ordinary People Who Are Changing the World and How You Can Too
- New, simpler method of adult CPR
- How to pray without praying
- Who truly loves you on Valentine’s Day?
- How to do something that’s good for you, even when you are dragging your feet